Sunday, March 26, 2006

Me? Procratinating? I Would Never!!

Ok, so I was sitting down at my computer all set to do some physics homework, feeling very studious. And next thing I know, my hands without any consultation with my brain have opened up my blog. And I thought; Hey they might be on to something, I mean how important is uni anyway, I mean really?????

So hear I am, although now I have nothing to write …….hmmmmmmm

I like this picture, it hurts your brain , much like physics homework does but its much nicer to look at.

Pictures always make things better, they give the illusion you had a plan for your post, like your making a point. I don’t and I’m not, but people at first glance will think I do.

Pictures also make blogs look exciting. They say you should never judge a book by its cover (Or a blog by its layout), but their wrong (and I'm right). A cover is designed to be judged – that’s its purpose and it contains all the necessary information to tell whether you’ll like it or not.

Like, for example, I am reading catch-22 at the moment (v good by the way, so funny), its cover is clean and simple , the name and author written small with just a unobtrusive picture of a war plane this tells me; one that its about war and two that it’s a famous book that can draw a reader simply by its name and doesn’t need to convince them with a flashy cover.

You cant always tell though, like the time I tried reading Anna Karenina - total mistake; the cover was so promising but the book was so boring, I mean seriously who cares about farming??? I really don’t get what all the fuss is with Tolstoy; I mean really – does he really need all those words I’m sure I could tell it in half the time.

Any way I’ve had my rant for today – I had 2 actually and I’m feeling much better, might just go and read some before I start physics though, purely just to ready my mind you see, its got nothing to do with procrastination, I’ve NEVER done that in my life!



3 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

One thing about Tolstoy, is that I don't think the first language of "Australia" is Russian. So you probably have to read it in translation.

As an American I speak American. The best translation of Tolsoty is by Richard Pevear and Volokhonsky.

Unless you are reading War and Peace. Than the newest translation is by Anthony Briggs.

As for who cares about Farming, let me tell you farmers, for one.
But I think the digreessions about Farming are more significant in terms of capturing an idea about progress.

I wish I were a famer.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

I don't know who Tolsoty is. Sory for that and other spelling eras.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Student said...

I tried to read war and peace about six times. As I have never gotten further that page one I have to accept the fact that it's not for me or I am illiterate. I have read a bunch of other books (some including big words!) so I figure a good book is something that grips you. Why waste time on a book that bores the arse off you?

I am also on a blog trawl. there are a lot of weird ones out there

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home